Vehicle Insurance (automobile and motorcycle) is usually the first type of insurance that many people think to purchase for themselves. I mean, most of us have some sort of vehicle to get us from point A to B. And because having auto insurance is required by law in most states, Texas being one of them.
If you want to operate a motor vehicle, you should have car insurance to not only protect your vehicle but also yourself. Speaking of, liability insurance consists of two types of protection and they are Property Damage and Bodily Injury.
Protection – Property & Body
Property Damage is a part of your liability insurance. This will cover the damage to property that you may be liable for. There are lots of things you can hit with your car; other vehicles, buildings, light poles just to name a few. When you damage property with your car, you are responsible for repairing that property.
Bodily Injury pays for injuries you may cause to another person while driving your vehicle. Aside from feeling awful about hurting someone you are also responsible for their medical expenses if you were Negligent or At Fault in the incident. As you know, medical issues can be extensive, recovery times long and very expensive.
Additional Suggested Insurance Coverage
Other vital insurance coverage that we suggest you consider, that are also available in Texas are:
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – this covers you if someone hits you and they don’t have any liability insurance at all, or if they don’t have enough liability to cover all the damage.
- Personal Injury Protection – Covers you or someone in your vehicle who is injured in an auto accident.
Additional Optional Insurance Coverage
You can also purchase coverage’s of convenience such as:
- Other than Collision (aka Comprehensive Coverage) – this pays for losses to your vehicle that are not caused by collision with an object . Some examples of Other Than Collision are things like fire, flood, vandalism and theft.
- Collision – after your deductible this will pay for damage by colliding with another object.
- Emergency Road Side Assistance – not just towing, but also service at the sight of disablement like running out of gas, locking your keys in the car or changing a flat.
- Rental Car Reimbursement – for when you must have transportation.
If you need auto or motorcycle insurance in Clear Lake or the surrounding areas in Harris County, Texas, call Paula Smith Insurance at (281) 488-8880 to customize a plan that works with your lifestyle and budget. It doesn’t cost anything to get a quote and we promise not to harass you like a lot of the 1-800#s do.